This is a standard seven layer dip, always a party favorite – I, personally, could make a meal of it. I have included a generic recipe – the trick here for making a spooky cool novelty snack is to swap your top layer. Instead of the standard shredded cheese top with the chopped tomatoes (I prefer Rotel)
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch chopped green onions
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl, blend the taco seasoning mix and refried beans. Spread the mixture onto a large serving platter.
- Mix the sour cream and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Spread over the refried beans.
- Place a layer of green bell pepper, green onions and lettuce.
- Place a layer of shredded cheese
- Place a layer of tomatoes or Rotel
- Fill baggie (or icing pipe) with sour cream. If using a baggie make a small *SMALL* snip in the bottom corner.
- Squeeze baggie, or icing pipe, to expel sour cream – make spider web pattern
- Garnish with plastic spider rings.
- Or make some creepy edible spiders with black olives
- (Slice black olives in half length-wise to make “bodies.” Slice some of those halves again length-wise to make four “legs.” )
(Recipe from http://allrecipes.com/ with edits by me. Image from ourbites.com)